Managed Hosting is one that provides businesses with a complete package of a dedicated server to host their website, software, the set up and the ongoing maintenance of their server. A managed service in particular gives businesses the flexibility to respond to changing business needs. And also underpins all of the aforementioned benefits of a data center location, the use of a dedicated rather than a shared server, and the server management, is that the client business will gain from the expertise of the hosting provider in providing a bespoke and high performance hosting solution.
Managed Hosting offering the cloud hosting using a robust, reliable, quick and centralized management system. This combination supports the most basic to the most demanding enterprise configurations. If clients are looking to leverage cloud hosting flexibility and savings, you still need someone to run it. LinksPro provides a comprehensive management system for cloud hosting, infrastructure, monitoring, management, incident management, and problem management, multi-tiered support, Live 24×7 Help Desk, security, anti-virus protection and more. (Services that are needed, but don’t come with typical cloud hosting).
LinksPro customized cloud solutions are designed around the client’s specific requirements. We have the tools and skills to make sure you understand your options and get what is needed. Based on current market research, the top three concerns for enterprise clients in using cloud services are:
• Configuration and Implementation
• Management – 24×7 Support
LinksPro proactive cloud management systems address these issues and ensure optimum performance in a secure environment. LinksPro has deployed systems that monitor server properties, processes, and trends. These tools, operated by our trained system engineers, can quickly identify a node or host with a problem or a network issue. LinksPro’s advanced management capabilities listed below are provided to its Managed Cloud Hosting clients:
• Use of enterprise quality tool sets and processes to monitor and manage networks, server, and storage devices.
• Support of security elements, networks, servers, backup, disaster recovery, wireless access points and more.
• Management of CPU, disk utilization, memory, file monitoring.
• Management of Public, Private or Hybrid cloud environments in any configuration over multiple data centers and locations.
• Application and database monitoring and support.
• Server Administration and optimization by trained IT professionals.
• Doman registrar and DNS administration.
• Virus, malware and spam protection.
• Load balancing and farm/cluster management.
• Virtual infrastructure management and support.
• Continuous monitoring for database, operating system, and hardware issues using predictive analytics and intelligent baselining.
• Capacity analysis and forecasting.
• Monitoring reports, including availability and uptime.
• Management of mobile applications, corporate sites, rich media sites, including test and development sites.
• Patching and update management.
A managed service in particular gives businesses the flexibility to respond to changing business needs. For example, in a scenario where a website is likely to receive abnormally high levels of traffic at short notice. The managed hosting provider will be able to offer bespoke solutions that may have proved too costly or technically out of the reach of a business managing their own hosting. Cloud Hosting providers do not ensure the security for applications, identity, access, operating system, network, firewall configurations and more. LinksPro’s IT Security Services, which are part of our Managed Cloud Service offers organizations the protection they need.
Here are what LinkPro deliver as part of our Managed Cloud Hosting services:
• Configuration and Design – architecture, growth planning, operating efficiencies.
• Assessment, evaluation and migration strategy with execution plan.
• Optimization – testing and “rightsizing” your requirements and resources.
• Migration from physical to virtual hosting.
• Proactive Monitoring – 24x7x365 of devices, network facilities, and performance.
• LinksPro Help Desk Services – available 24×7.
• Governance- management of access, policies, moves and changes.
• Antivirus, malware protection.
• Access to multi-region scalable environments.
• Security- monitoring and management of threats, compliance.
• Single vendor billing with itemization and consolidation.
• Optional disaster recovery, business continuity, backup services.
The key advantage of managed hosting that underpins all of the aforementioned benefits of a data center location, the use of a dedicated rather than a shared server, and the server management, is that the client business will gain from the expertise of the hosting provider in providing a bespoke and high performance hosting solution. Some businesses will be able to run a self-managed server, but it can be difficult and costly to match this level of expertise in-house, without the economies of scale that a managed hosting provider utilizes.
As managing hosting can offer the complete gamut of hosting services, providing the client with a fully outsourced, flexible and robust hosting platform, they do tend to come at a higher cost than the simple colocation for example. However, for businesses looking to focus their expertise and resources on their own proposition whilst benefiting from a high degree of online reliability and performance, managed hosting really is the ideal solution.